Saturday 27 February 2010

Silverlight on iPhone?

Ok. Nowadays, it seems everbody is accepting the truth that Adobe's Flash is too slow to run on low power consumpted handheld devices. Or rather I say Apple's devices, yeah that sounds more appropriate (btw I am an iPhone user and excited about iPad). The thind I wonder most about is, well uhmm, is it true for Microsoft's Silverlight too?

I know for a fact that Adobe's optimizations are "file size" oriented. It is said that developers at Adobe are strictly dictated over patch sizes and new versions in about 3 digit byte levels. Also I know for another fact that Silverlight is CPU-wise optimized. So why not fully support Silverlight instead of so called slow Flash on Safari Mobile. At least we'll have an alternative, and that's better than nothing.

Over a night, things change. Today the video on internets may equal to Adobe's Flash. Tomorrow, if everything played nice by Microsoft, it could be Silverlight in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment